Wednesday 10 October 2012

Introduction


My Climate Impact: My Individual Responsibility

There is no doubt the great forces of Nature are being threatened by human’s imprint on the global environment. But how do my actions affect the impact of the Earth?

I know switching off the light every time I leave a room, riding my bike instead of driving a car, recycling my waste will not make a difference in the global fight against climate change. In the end it is the politicians steering at a global level that will make the practical difference. With that being said, I believe as a citizen and a consumer, I have a responsibility to put pressure on politicians to enact policies that can reduce green house gas emissions. By being a role model my everyday actions can hopefully influence people around me to change consumption patterns and in effect pressure the government to enact mitigation policies.
I believe changing consumption patterns is an individual responsibility and through bottom-up initiatives we can make a difference at a local and eventually at a global level.

Through this blog I will investigate how I can become a more eco friendly citizen and how behavioural adjustments in everyday life will impact the Earth at a local and at a global level. By reviewing scientific papers on various themes I will try to find out how and if human behaviour will affect the Earth's system both as an individual and as the society as a whole.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for a blog - I look forward to the future posts

    ReplyDelete